Published on April 16th, 2013 | by Nick Coe0
6 Amazing (and Fun) Cardio Workouts for Women
As a woman you need a strong heart just as much as any guy. Yet women have different exercise needs due to their different body structure and lifestyles. Since women usually choose exercises that make their muscles become small and wiry (in comparison to men who usually prefer bulky muscles) they tend to avoid exercises that are high intensity. This often leads to a low heart rate during the typical woman’s fitness regime.
This is why it is good for women to make sure they spend at least an hour a week doing moderate exercise or a few minutes doing high intensity exercise every week. This way you can get the heart of an athlete while keeping your slender beach body!
Here are some popular choices among women on how to get their cardio workout done:
- Aerobic Dancing. These exercise sessions are usually intense heart workouts as you keep your body moving constantly for 40-60 minutes. Aerobics are a moderate intensity exercise and can be quite fun once you get the hang of it.
- Zumba. This dancing exercise regime has become very popular in recent years. Incorporating moves from many dances as well as exercises, Zumba is both extremely fun and an awesome heart training fitness choice rolled in one.
- Water aerobics. For women who have joint problems, are pregnant or do not like the feeling of high impact exercises like dancing on their bones and joints there are water aerobics. This exercise regime offers the same workout like simple aerobics with added resistance due to the water and less impact on the skeleton.
- Ballet/Modern/Latin Dancing. If you are a fan of any of these you are in luck since dancing in general is an amazing Cardio workout. Dancing can boost your self confidence and your movement in general, so it is a good choice to improve yourself fitness wise.
- Synchronized swimming. Remember those Olympic athletes who dance in the pools and spend minutes under water stretching their legs in the air? Synchronized swimming is a powerful workout for both heart and lungs. There are many levels from beginners to professionals, so do not be disenchanted by the difficulty of this sport.
- Jogging. Many women like to fit both their muscular and heart fitness into one exercise with a quick morning or evening jog. It is a quick way to get your heart pumping and to burn some calories. To jog properly it is good to be taught the correct form first to avoid injuries and make your jog experience as pain-free and easy as possible.
So girls if you want a beautiful body and the heart that goes with it do your cardio. You won’t regret it!