Published on April 8th, 2013 | by Nicole Corvin0
Gluten-Free Foods You Need to Know
Whether you want to cut down on gluten to aid your digestion, you are intolerant to it or you simply want to try something new, there are many amazing foods out there to substitute your Gluten laden meals with.
Throw away those cardboard crackers and the highly processed gluten-free baked goods. Here are some amazing things to eat, absolutely gluten-free and tasty:
- Quinoa is a seed of a member of the grass family, which actually does not make it a grain at all. It contains all 9 essential amino acids.
- Millet is similar to Quinoa, but a bit drier. It contains lots of minerals, which is why it is often found in bird seeds. It also is a great source of protein.
- Amaranth is a very small seed rich in amino acids, especially lysine. It grows very rapidly as a plant and is thus a highly sustainable food source often thought of as a weed. It has been said that it also lower cholesterol.
- Brown Rice Mochi is made only from brown rice, clean and pure. There are sweet and savory varieties to satisfy any appetite.
- Buckwheat Noodles have a very hearty flavor and smooth texture, perfect to make yourself some Udon Noodles with.
- Chia Pudding. Chia seeds are said to have been grown by the Aztecs themselves and was part of an annual tribute to the leaders because of its worth. This is a real ancient super food worth adding to any diet.
- Zucchini Noodles, made by slicing and boiling your Zucchini in a specific way, will easily substitute your Gluten-laden spaghetti.
- Lettuce wraps a good way to wrap your food if you want to skip all grains and pseudo grains altogether.
8 Great Gluten-Free Foods You Need to Know | Dr. Franklin Lipman